Saturday 16 June 2007

Night Train



It seamed ages before I heard any more, In fact it was so long I had forgot that I had applied to join. I tried to apply for various apprenticeships as a joiner, there were either no vacancies, or the onset of flat pack furniture was the death nail in the coffin for the industry.
I arrived home from school to find a letter on the mantle piece addressed to me, I opened it with wonder as It was the first time I could remember getting mail other than a birthday card. It was a certificate " Congratulations you have been successful in your interview to join the Royal Navy.
I was in shock, "I've got a job I shouted in excitement", all sorts of emotions started to kick in all at the same time. My next thought was oh shit what have I done!
Before I knew it another interview followed, more mail telling me what to take with me and finally a one way ticket to Plymouth, on the Night Train.

No comments: