Friday 19 March 2010

Out on the floor

The first opportunity to practice my new found art was not long in coming, the next bop night I went early as to ensure I found the best place to dance, ie: in the shadows. I plied the DJ with a couple of beers to ensure he played the right music, it wasn't hard his family were of Jamaican origin even though the colour had been almost breed out of him.

Well with the lights turned low an almost empty club and the music playing I didn't wrestle long with myself  If was going to dance or not. At first I shuffled around in the shadows as I had planned and felt really quite strange dancing on my own, remember this was a long time ago men didn't dance on their own well not in places I hung out.

The night moved on and the music played, I was very aware that I was becoming more and more like a wet rag, the sweat was running off me, very attractive to the opposite sex.

I eventually had to stop and get a drink and maybe for the first time I took notice of my surroundings, the club had filled up and there were people up dancing all over and the bar was packed, I was relieved that I had not attracted to much attention to myself, but that was maybe because I was a crap dancer or people thought I was having some sort of fit.

Refreshed I returned to the floor this time with less worry and I enjoyed myself enormously it wasn't until the next day that someone remarked about my night at the bop and I was pleased that the sarcastic remark was followed by a good for you.

No comments: